Wednesday, May 09, 2007

do I dare admit this?

We are all friends and family right? Well, I expose myself on this one. no shame. no shame. All of you know about my embarassing moment at Jenny's kickboxing class after we were first married. It brings me shivers to even think about it. (no, not those shivers). Ever since then I have been against these classes. Poked fun. Made comments they were worthless. Well, Jenny borrowed these DVDs from her friend called "Butts and Guts". I didn't have time to get ready and go run before Young Mens, so Jenny suggested I try the DVD. I was a bit hesitant, but wanted to keep consistent, so easily gave in...Plus, a tape with the name Butt and Gut must be sort of manly. After twenty minutes of cheating my way through the workout, I have a new respect for these home based hip hop excercise movies. These things this woman had me do kicked my butt (and gut I guess). My legs already hurt and I feel like I won't be able to walk tommorow. A good work out is the bottom line. However, the price is high. Doing it made me embarassed in my own living room! I can't do these punches and knee moves and lunge bounces without feeling like a complete idiot, even in the comfort of my own home. It also bothers me that this woman does all these things without even breathing heavy while I am on the verge of swearing because my hamstrings are close to snapping. It also bothers me that she talks to me like she knows me. "It's starting to burn" she says 10 minutes into it. Starting? "You're doing good" she tells me while I sit on the couch for her second round of punch and bounce. You don't know me! Or my struggles! Ok. I'm over it. I would say I am going back to only running, however Cathe has instilled in me this challenge to do her whole routine without giving up or cheating. Yes...we are on a first name basis now. This was an intense 20 minutes. peace.

9 comments:

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

That's great! I was laughing pretty hard just imagining you doing that.

shannon said...

that was hilarious...i wished that jenny had secretly taped you doing this and we would all be able to see it! darn it...(hint to jenny, tape these things next time...) is there running on saturday?

shannon said...

oh, and can i borrow the DVD?

shannon said...

by the way...we did it. we signed up for the marathon!

Jenny said...

If only we had a camera...

Jenny said...

Oh, and the DVDs are AWESOME! Seriously, the best workout DVDs I've seen or done - (and I'm sure David will agree, since he can't even walk today!) The run is next Saturday (the 19th) 4 miles!!! Hope everyone is training!

Christy and Brian said...

I will have to try those DVD's Jenny. Where are we planning on running? If possible it would be nice to be out this direction because it is Justin's birthday and we will also have party's and a soccer game to go to. I hope that is okay. Let me know.

josh and jacqs said...

I wish Jenny taped it too, i would i loved to see it, but at least your doing something

Andy said...

Brother Butler,

Do you think we could make your DVD part of the apprentice seminar next month? After our meetings we could work out together. I just purchased some new spandex....

Brother Sell