Thursday, May 31, 2007

the grass is always greener

So, the other day I was reading the Rawlberry Patch blog and told Jenny that they were my heroes; they always seem to be doing the funnest things. Today I talked with one of my buddies who frequents my blog :) and he made a comment about how we always seem to be doing fun things. I said, really? I wonder if he had similar thoughts that I had about others. Is this making sense? I've decided not to fall victim to this common pitfall of envying something someone else has. This temptation seems to date back to the beginning. (If you have never read Michael Wilcox's, "Don't Leap with the Sheep" you should--this is where I read this idea). God told Adam and Eve that they could freely eat of every tree of the garden, except for one. When the snake shows up, his first approach is to remind Eve that she was told she could not eat of this tree. He focuses her on what she couldn't have, rather than the Father's approach that she had so many options. I caught myself looking at what I wasn't doing, rather than all the cool things that I am. Thinking this way (the right way) helps me live with more grattitude. However, I still want to plan and do more exciting things! Maybe this makes no sense to anyone else, but I'm glad I was taught this today for me.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Funny thing is that I didn't think we did either. I just make it look fun!! I mean we have fun, but nothing THAT cool!!