Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Review

I know a lot of this will be a repeat from our "Sunday at Suz's" conversations, but for posterity's sake I wanted to do a weekend review. After Youth Conference, we got a little surprise package--Logan. It actually wasn't a surprise (we have known for weeks), but Julie (Jenny's sister) went to Texas (what! what!) to pick up a truck their family was giving them for free as long as they came and picked it up. So we watched little Logan while they flew down and drove it up here. Jack and he had a great time playing together. He was so easy and fun to have around. They only fought once, and of course it was during Julies phone call to check up on him. I kind of miss having him here already, but I'm sure the Williams are all happy to be together again.REAMS had a sale on rasberries on Friday, so I went and got some cases of them. Jenny already started making some freezer jam with them and we have been stuffing our faces with them. They were also having a sale on cherries. When I was there they had a contest in the bakery. You stood under numbers hanging from the ceiling, and if they called your number, yo uwon the cherries. I didn't win. So I bought them anyways. Cherries remind me of Utah. So does rasberry jame. Well, more specifically, rasberry jam reminds me of Suz. She has always made the best rasberry jam! I'm excited to try ours, I'm sure it will taste delicious!














I wanted to clear one of our terraces out back so we could plant some green beans and cucumbers on it. Last year, we planted the tomatoes too close to the cucumbers and the cucumbers took over. I started howing for about 3 minutes and decided to go get some roundup before I start this project. Maybe I won't ever finish the project! I took these so I could give a before and after, but as you can see, the "after" picture will be a little bit more time coming. Stay tuned! (At least they look nice and green, right?)
We did, however, get our tomato plants in (And some pepper plants) A few we got from Costco and a few we got from Chris's garden. Even if we did transplant the Japanese beetle from Orem into Provo, we are still happy and thankful we got some of Chris's hard work into our garden. They look good. (Yes those are the delicious dewberry/blackberry bushed in the background--I can't wait!!)

4 comments:

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

I hope not. That would be creepy. Don't put a hex on something that maybe we would want to go somewhere.

Christy and Brian said...

ha ha! I was laughing before I read what you wrote.

Christy and Brian said...

Oh yeah I love Kokomo!!!

shannon said...

i bought 3 cases last night of raspberries at Reams...did you know that they were only $8 a case with the special coupon?...i can send it to you if you want to buy more!