Saturday, September 29, 2007

a flying go-cart

The priests activity this week was supposed to be a flying trip in a man in our ward's flying "thing". I can't remember what it is called-- a power parachute, I think. (but it looks like a flying go-cart). We were gonna go Wednesday, but the weatehr was bad, and we drove out early this morning to Eagle Mountain, but when we got there it was too windy again--so no luck. I am really excited to ride in it when the conditions shape up. He gave it a test run, and I actually had the helmet in hand and we were unfolding the parachute when he called it off--an old flying expression: Better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground. So stay tuned hopefully for the real flying adventure. Even though we didn't get to fly, we got to drive it around this huge field...so basically a go cart with a flying engine propeller on the back- I think he said it gets up to speeds of 100 m.p.h. on the ground. So that was totally rad. Except I was in flip flops and the desert plants were killing my feet going so fast so close to the ground. Exciting...I like my calling :)

3 comments:

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

Wow that's fancy!

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

Mom's comment: How fun I wish I could do that!
Dad's comment: I like that saying: Better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than to be in the air wishing you were on the ground!

Jeni said...

HOLY funny, my dad totally has one of those and goes flying!! it is soo fun! Goodluck with it!