Sunday, May 18, 2008

Naomi A. Broken Leg

Many of you know, and many of you do not know that our aunt, Naomi Broken Leg, passed away this week. This is a picture I took from my phone of her casket, covered with flowers and leis, after the dedication and as people were making there way to the family lunch. (Which, by the way, was absolutely amazing. These sisters from the Lamanite ward are something else.) The services were nice, and there were many friends in attendance.

One small thought about Naomi. I leaned over to Christian (my bro Christian, not my son) during the funeral and made the realization out loud that she is probably the most cheerful person I have ever met. Her laugh was contagious. She was an outstanding model of good Christian living. This phrase has become a bit cliche recently, but she reached out to the one. I love Naomi. I am happy for her. Her name fits her challenge in life, and now she is free from the limits of her body.

In reflection of the comments at the funeral, it is heart soothing to think of Naomi returning home to the God who gave her life. After a long trip anywhere, it is always good to be home. I bet Naomi is glad to be back. The trip was fun, but now she has returned. Welcome home Naomi--aloha, ahuiho. We will miss you...

2 comments:

Christy and Brian said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt. That's hard to see a loved one move on. David & Jenny, you always seem to have the right words for anything. What kinds things you have to say about her.

Jerry Hill said...

Could one of you email me? How are you related to Naomi Broken Leg? We are trying to track down missionaries from the Southwest Indian Mission and one of them was a "Naomi Broken Leg". I don't know if your aunt is the same one or not.

Jerry Hill
jerbear50@juno.com