Thursday, May 22, 2008

strange, mixed feelings...

the following pictures have nothing to do with what I wanted to say, but they are semi cute and Goss always gets mad at me for not posting any pictures and only writing short paragraphs. I started a blog titled-"Get over it Goss", but decided to take a more kindly approach, put up two pictures, say what I wanted to say, and then end appropriately.


This is Christian, posing with his heaven on earth...a big pile of dirt!
here is Jack at our neighborhood carnival. He covered his face for every picture (Still trying to figure out why). He remembered riding this dolphin last year so we went essentially to just ride the dolphin. Some poor little Asian girl had to wait because this was the only "baby swing" and Jack insisted on riding in it. Oh well, he had fun.
[the following is totally unrelated to the pictures]
Ok, so I had to write about some of the strange, mixed anxiety I have right now. Waiting for a baby is one of the most exciting, kinda scary, anxious events of life on earth. There is nothing that requires this type of waiting. Now I know that these days there is a scheduled inducing that is popular, but since our doctor doesn't do that, it leaves us with the slightly more 'on edge', yet fun feeling of waiting. I keep my phone on in class all day long waiting for a phone call (Even though we are still 9 days away from the due date) and I almost jump every time I feel it vibrate. Jenny called me the other day at work and I almost dropped the phone with giddiness. She was just calling to see how I was. Sweet, but inappropriate for this stage of the game. :). What else do you wait for that requires you to fulfill all of your responsibilities and go on with life as normal and then WHAMMO, on a dime you have to drop everything and go! It has a fun feeling like waiting for Christmas...without knowing when Christmas is. You know it is around the 25th and it is beginning to look alot like Christmas (everywhere you go). But you just schedule things as normal, make sure your shopping is done, enjoy the fun of waiting, but bite your nails at the same time knowing old St. Nick could show up any second...Are you feeling this with me. I am tired just writing about it. So, that is why I have decided the baby is not coming until June 4. I will plan on that. June 4th. Boy. 8 lbs 6 oz. My official guess.

5 comments:

Holly said...

boy? no way, you guys are having a girl!

(my official guess)

Christy and Brian said...

Yeah! you are having a Girl, May 29, and I don't really remember what I else I guessed. You need to post those by the way :)We are just as anxeous by the way! We leave next Friday you know, so come on Jenny!

Emma and John said...

I totally forget what I guessed- I think I said girl! I know what you mean about that feeling- I am SO excited for you guys! I love when it is this close...

shannon said...

since everyone else had an official guess...here's mine, may 28th, girl, 7lbs, 9oz. gosh, i can't wait...and i have NO idea how you don't find out!!!

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

I keep waiting for my phone to ring too. It is an exciting time. I'm posting the guesses on our blog then everyone can remember what they guessed. :)