Monday, May 26, 2008

welcome home jane...

jane olive butler We just brought baby jane home and she is such a cutie I think. Props to us for naming her yesterday, by the way. That is record time for us. Jane has always been Jenny's favorite name for her baby girl. I used to think it was a plain old storybook name, but now I really like it. The number one reason I like it is because Jenny likes it so much. The number two reason is because Jane Manning from church history is one of my favorite people. She is one of the new converts who walks to Nauvoo to meet the prophet, many of her group barefoot. President Hinckley has a daughter named Jane, which is cool. It has a few meanings, two of which are: "an abbreviation for Jenny" and in Hebrew, "God is gracious." And today I testify, He is.
Olive is Jenny's grandma's name. (Jill's Mom). We hope Jane grows up to be as lively, smart and unselfish as she was.
Welcome home baby jane, we love having you here!

13 comments:

Angie said...

OH! That is so wonderful! What a doll and she totally looks like you both... already! Jane Olive. I love it. I am so excited to see her sooon. I love you Butlers. Welcome baby Jane. Jane's a big name on my Atkinson side so it's already a hit here.
xoxoxo

Christy and Brian said...

She is so sweet, and she already looks different from when I saw her. Way to go guys, we love you!

Traci said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!

Hannah said...

she is SO adorable! I love the name, too. Congratulations!!

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

Glad she made it home safe and sound. So cute!!

Emma and John said...

Sweet baby Jane! I love it! Congrats on bringing her home...

Holly said...

i love it! her name is perfect. and i'm so excited for you guys!

Sara said...

Yay! Congratulations. She is beautiful...with a beautiful name to match. Hope everything continues to go well.

The Farrell Family said...

Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful!

shannon said...

ohhhh, i LOVE that name. congrats on her again!

Becca said...

She is beautiful!! Jane is a beautiful name. I love it!!! Congrats you guys!!! We are sooo happy for your and that all is going well!! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

Shara said...

What did I tell you two! haha Congrats! We are SO happy for you two. We cannot wait to meet her...and talk about LOST. What the heck?!? So when we get home we don't care if its not Thursday we are coming by!

Bertie said...

Congratulations ya'll!! She looks absolutely perfect:) I'm glad ya'll have a sweet little girl now to help even out the rambunctious darling boys you have!!