Friday, February 13, 2009

$20 to anyone who can guess what costume i'm being forced to put together right now...

just so you know what a typical conversation is like when jack decides he needs a new costume:

jack: mom, i need you to make me ______.

me: what?! i don't know how to make that.

jack: yes you do.

me: umm...no i don't.

jack: yes you do. make it please.

me: ummmm....can you wait until i can get some lunch.

jack: no, make it right now.

me: jack, we don't have the stuff. i have no idea how to make that.

jack: yes you do. you can use this and this.

me: ...

jack: find a picture on the computer.

me: ....

jack: mom, you can do it.

me: ... (looking it up on the computer)

jack: ...(brings me the stuff he thinks the costume should be made out of and then describes (in detail) how to do it. )

...then i proceed to make something that will certainly not be right the first time, the second time but i'll occassionally get it right the third time. and it will take me much longer than anticipated and so the dishes will remain undone, my stomach will continue to growl because i haven't had any lunch and any other plans i had will be neglected.... but, i continue because there is nothing more satisfying than seeing my cute little 4 year old's face light up when i hand him the finished products and he gives me one of the best hugs ever and says "thank you for making that for me mom. i love it."

2 comments:

Holly said...

by the way, i saw some styrofoam swords in the dollar spot at target the other day.

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

You are the perfect mom! You're the kind of mom that all the kids on the block want to be with...fun creative and always giving. Way to go on the costume!