Thursday, January 28, 2010

noah's ark...

i was trying to help my new classes feel comfortable asking questions in class...then I remembered this true experience from my life...

again...this is a true story.

once upon a time there was a guy...and it was me...and i was in a sunday school class as a high schooler. during the lesson (which i don't remember what it was about--perhaps noah's ark) i finally decided i should ask a question that had bothered me for years...

so i raised my hand. (i was a good student)

teacher: yes, david

me: ok, i have a question that has been buggin me.

teacher: go ahead

me: ok...noah's ark--there were tow of every animal on the ark, right?

teacher: yes, thats right.

me: so where did they put all of the whales, and dolphins, and fish? was there a giant tank in the
bottom? because 2 blue whales + 2 belugas + 2 dolphins makes for a HUGE ark.

my friend rob: dave.

me: what?

rob: you are an idiot. why did they build the ark?

me: because the earth flooded.

rob: with what?

me: oh.

(pause for ponder)

me: so did they tie ropes to them to keep them close?

teacher and rob: {no response.}


I propose the following picture for future gospel art kits. it will help many, many children in need.



p.s. concerning the ropes--

i found this in class (at the u) when i was bored...don't judge me.

6 comments:

annie said...

what are you talking about? you weren't a good student. but a dummy? certainly. :)

Holly said...

nice.

um, are you guys watching Lost, or not?

Andy said...

How did you become a seminary teacher? :) I thought about you during our SS lesson on Noah!!

Stephan Taeger said...

We Boff know that's not a true story.

Denice said...

ummm.... david, noah didnt have to worry about the sea animals, umm.. cause.... of the water and everything ?!:)

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can say that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is even now a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=ideal dvd copy 3.1.1 beta ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of helping of the resource. I take a week and do necheg