Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Part Two

I am not going to say much about the second part of the documentary, "The Mormons". However, I have a few thoughts I want to share. Something I kept saying to Jenny was, "Isn't it interesting to look at the church in a historical or sociological way?" The church and the doctrines were analyzed, for the most part, in 3rd person (if that makes sense). The truth is I don't think anyone can fully explore the church and its teachings without the companionship of the Holy Ghost. When they leave out prayer, when they leave out faith, when they leave out real feelings in the heart, they miss the boat. I know this wasn't a film for missionaries to use, so this is not a criticism of it, but an observation I had as I watched it.

You know...say what you may. Analyze history. Tell me what Joseph Smith was thinking. Tell me what I believe if you want. But one simple burning truth remains in my heart. As real as any other of my senses, the Holy Ghost spoke to my heart about these truths. The seed is good and I have tried to nourish that tree. It has enlarged my soul, it has enlightened my mind, and has become delicious to me. So I continue as I have been, because of a testimony I strive to recapture every day of my life.

These are my thoughts...(Without trying to to sound presumptuous or arrogant or show-offy, I want to express something important to me.)

1 comment:

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and testimony. I certainly couldn't have expressed it any better but you definately reaffirmed the importance of the gift of the Holy Ghost as a companion of faith for the knowledge of the Gospel.