Sunday, June 24, 2007

called out...

Ok, so a few days ago our friend Holly posted about the beach. Jenny and I loved reading it. At the end of her blog, she asked for comments about the beach. We didn't comment. Holly knows we love the beach, so she called us out on it. We deserved it...here is our response. (p.s. go check out their blog--If T-Mobile had you pick out your faves on blogs, it would be one of our 5).This was our backyard in Hawaii. This is why Holly's post ruined our day. We got homesick for Hawaii. If you've been there you can relate. It is a special place. Expecially North Shore, and especially Laie. It is very unique, and as Jenny always says, Hawaii is like a feeling more than a place. That mind sound wierd, but maybe you can relate. This is getting off topic-- The Beach:
Since we lived right on the water, we went to sleep to the sound of the ocean every night. I have always loved the sound of the water. It is calming. I like when it is so subtle you don't notice is and I like it when it is so loud you have to yell for people to hear you. I love picking sand out of my hair and having ocean water drip out of your nose hours after you have left the beach. Some of you are grossed out by that-- but I loved it! Growing up, I used to hate driving home from the beach and having any sand on my feet--now I love the feel of it. I feels like fun! I love the smell of the ocean. Salt and suncreen and sand. They should make a cologne or perfume...I'd buy it. We miss living by the ocean. I like mountains, but I like oceans more. I like seasons, but I'd prefer just two-- Hot summer and Warm summer. I can remember a day in Hawaii after a long, frustrating day of work and school I got home after dark and realized I had not been in the ocean all day. This made me more frustrated, so I ran out back and just walked right into the surf in all my clothes. Its therapeutic. I miss it. Can't wait to go back...2009 baby!

2 comments:

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

I can see why you love the idea of Hawaii. I love to hear the ocean as well! That's my favorite part about an ocean vacation! Is 2009 a real date? Oh well, I guess we better enjoy family while we can.

Holly said...

what's happening in 2009?! if you guys are moving back then we are coming to visit so that we can mooch off of you.

great post, even though you never commented on my beach post. some "friends" who claim to "love" the beach.

(people who don't know me may think i'm serious, but the only thing i'm serious about in this comment is mooching off of you guys in hawaii.)