Sunday, June 24, 2007

Its the most longest time of the year....

So, I thought I would do a combo post over the last little bit of time. I was planning on doing a post for June 21st, since it is one of my favorite days of the year, but it has come and gone, so the excitement from that day will be included here. Yay! There you go. No really...This is our street at 9:00 PM on the 21st. 9:00!! Don't you love how bright it is? I love summer time!I have been having fun with some new smoothies that I found in this book we got at Costco last week. I had seen it there a few months ago and I guess someone returned it, so I snagged it! I love it! To celebrate the first day of summer I made this one:

It was a rasberry lime slushie. Addictingly tart and very refreshing. Anyone can come over anytime you want one! (This was actually not in the book, I made it up. This means I should name it...hmmm...how about Rasberry Lime Summer Smoothie--too long. The RLSS--not catchy...Razzle Dazzle Limeade or Rasime or Limerry. Ooh, I like Limerry. The Limerry Dream. Perfect. Jenny just pointed out that this was a very very long afterthought. Perhaps I should've put the first part in parenthesis.)


This is swimming at Aaron and Jessie's house. Chunk absolutely LOVED playing in this float Jessie let us borrow. He had a ball as you can see. We went swimming twice over the weekend. On Saturday, as many of our readers will know, we went to the Memorial Pool again...this time to celebrate Josh's birthday.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH ! ! !

Hopefully all of you read this before Jenny deletes this picture off of the blog. Yes, she was laying outside on the lawn with the dog and letting Jack and Christian play with him. I am wearing her down. Christian gets so excited when the dog comes over. So does Jack. But Jack is afraid of Franklin and I'm not sure why since this dog next door is practically a lion. Speaking of dogs-- I caught this lady yesterday trying to let her dog poo in our lawn on her walk. She was so lame, because I walked out the door and she immediately looked up away from the house and started humming and calling after the dog. I thought...BUSTED! She knew I caught her and tried to play it off. It was kind of awesome.
P.S. I think I lost all progress on Jenny liking dogs when Jackson stepped in our neighboor dog's poo while he was "mowing" our lawn. Oh well...

4 comments:

Jacqs said...

Well I have to give Jenny some credit stepping in dog poo isn't that great. Especially when you have to clean it off the shoes:) I love that pool at Jessie's house. Where did she get it?? I would love one like that!

Holly said...

jenny, i am so totally with on you on dogs! especially if neighbor's dogs come and do their duty on your lawn, that is disgusting! someone in our ward (i will withhold their name here, but i'll probably tell you in person if you asked me) let their dog poo in the street right off our driveway. not as bad as the lawn, but still lame as we park in the street and could easily step in it. i think dog owners should be more responsible when it comes to cleaning up their dog's poo...especially when it's on other people's property.

shannon said...

personally i really like dogs, and my Lola is awesome. other than when she poops and pees in the house...then she's not so awesome. Your guys's Limerry looked really good...I love summertime smoothies!

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

Yuk, stepping in dog poo. That is a step back even if you do love dogs. Looks like we have another swimmer. Chunky is so cute.