Thursday, June 21, 2007

Totaled!

I got the call yesterday. They are going to total my car. I guess I haven't officially heard yet, because the insurance company hasn't called with a quote or anything, but the body shop told me the damages were about $7,000 and our car is not worth that much. Can you believe that amount? Yikes! So we are just waiting now for the insurance company to call and tell us how much they are going to give us for it. I have done all my research, so I know how much it is worth.The bummer is, we were going to save money until our next baby before we were going to sell one of the cars and buy a "family car". AND we were planning on driving one of the cars until they died (and I was tentitavely figuring we would keep the Saturn). Plans change I guess and everything will work out. At least everyone is ok.

Here was the expensive part. The body shop guy told me the parts alone to fix the airbags was almost 2000 bucks! They look funny just drooping there don't you think?

Isn't it funny, too that a car can be considered totaled and still look like this from the back. Dang Saturn, your bootie look good!

So farewell to the green monster. We will miss you. A memorial fund has been set up in the car's name at Wells Fargo Bank if you would like to donate.

6 comments:

shannon said...

i totally can't believe that you just told your car it has a nice booty! you two are hilarious!

Holly said...

make sure you save that kukui neckalace before it gets smashed!

Kristen said...

Poor little Saturn.... Isn't it funny how we bond with our cars? Actually my relationship with my disco is very love/hate. I'm so glad you didn't get too hurt in the accident. It looks pretty bad.

Christy and Brian said...

I can't believe that you told me it was nothing. You are crazy!

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

I agree with Christy. I thought it was a little accident. Your car is a mess. We will check out the Wells Fargo trust fund. :)

Andy said...

Two comments:

1. We are currently in Utah
2. We are going to Hawaii in August