Thursday, June 14, 2007

I don't want to be too dramatic about this, so I thought a little Batman reminder would lighten the mood :).

I got in a wreck today. This is David and I was by myself to answer all of your first questions about the kiddos and Jenny. Everyone is fine...including me. But the Saturn, on the other hand, is singing a different tune tonight. I was on my way home from work and turned up Temple View Drive right by the MTC (heading eeast up towards the temple) and someone pulled out of the Wymount Foreign Student parking lot right in front of me. Luckily it is only 50 yards or so from the intersection, so I wasn't going that fast, and no one was behind me. Although I did hit her pretty hard. Jenny and I disagree on the amount of damage caused...but I hit hard enough that the airbags deployed and I burned my forearm just a little bit on it.












Sorry, if you were expecting something more gruesome...just a chemical burn and scratches on my arm and then the airbag popped my nose I think because my hand had blood on it and then found it a little bit splatted on my shirt (by the way, does anyone know how to get blood out of a shirt?). I also feel a little sore in the neck, but I'm not sure if it is psychological or not. I think it is because I didn't feel it until someone asked me if I whiplash :)

When I got in the wreck the car filled with smoke, which I think was from the airbags. But it was enough that I was coughing and trying to breathe all at the same time trying to figure out what happened and fiddling with my seatbelt (which I was wearing kids!) and get out of the car because I had a panic attack like in the movies when they get stuck and the car blows up. The car never blew up.

I felt really bad for the girl I hit. She was pretty upset about it as you can imagine. She was dropping off a friend at Wymount and there are those cars parked on the street so you cannot see very well down. I've seen people almost get in wrecks o nthat roas coming out of there or out of the temple parking lot. It was just an accident, but I feel really bad for her. She didn't mean to, and now she will be in the middle of this mess a week before she goes home for the summer. I don't want to sound fake or preachy, but I think some prayers on her behalf would be a great blessing.

We went to Aaron's (my brother-in-law) birthday party, and we have some fun pictures from that, but you will have to wait until tommorow or something. I am exhausted.

The best part of the whole thing was after we filled out paper work, the tow truck took the car and the cop drove away and Jenny and I were like...welp, see ya later. She came to pick me up and the first thing she said to me was, David, button your shirt...and you didn't even shave! We are not quite sure where the car is or what to do, but that will be tommorow's adventure. Adios.

p.s. Jackson was cute about it. He must have asked me like 50 times what happened to me. I would say: I crashed. Jack: oh...like Lightning McQueen? Me: Yup, just like it. Jack: oh...did the tow truck take your car? It was fun for him...


4 comments:

Emma and John said...

Oh David, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! I'm glad to hear you are ok and so is the girl. I know how she feels- I caused an accident once and it was the worst feeling. Thankfully, the other person was nice and it sounds like you were too. It makes a world of difference. Anyway, we're happy that everyone is ok. But you should have shaved!

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

Are you sure you were really in an accident or are you just trying for an exciting blog to get lots of comments?
Glad to hear you are okay. I've only been in that one accident with the run-away tire. That was enough for me, they aren't too much fun. On another note, I guess it's a good thing you have been looking at cars. :)

Jeni said...

I am so glad you guys are all ok! That is very scary! And to get blood out of a shirt - yes as a matter of fact I do know! Have you ever used those tide togo pens? or the bleach pens? I used the Tide one on blood on a shirt once and it did the trick!

Holly said...

glad everyone (besides the cars) is okay!