Friday, July 27, 2007

Garden of Eden

Well, the garden begins to blossom. All of the fruits are really starting to come alive. I didn't take any pictures of all the overgrowth and weeds that have taken over also. The soil in our backyard is really rich I think. So it makes for GREAT fruit, but it also makes for weeds galore and lawnmower-smashed fruit since it there is more fruit than we can pick.


The pride and joy if the garden. The delicious black (but not blackberry) berries are coming. They are so good!!

What! What!

Grapes of wrath. They are still too bitter. But I love backyard grapes. They have such a unique taste.

Apples up, applesauce beneath.

Apricots.

Last year our apricot tree gave us about five apricots. This year, we had five too many. There were so many on the tree that two of the big branches snapped right off. I spent the whole morning cutting them all up and cleaning up the mess. We are glad we have a lot this year, though. (Last year we just ate the ones off the trees at Rock Canyon Park--those require no cutting, sawing, and ripping apart branches).
sick.
more sick.

3 comments:

Christy and Brian said...

That cat is sick :)

Emma and John said...

HEY! I love cats. I don't get you Butlers and cats. That one is so cute!
And David, I was about to say something about you not blogging. I came home from my trip SO excited to catch up on blogs and I saw "jackpot!" written there still... I was so disappointed but you made up for it today!

Aaron and Jessie said...

Hate the cat!!! Love the berries and apricots, share the wealth!