Saturday, July 14, 2007

Jackpot!

It has been a year since we've moved into Grandpa's house, and we thought we'd share a few new found treasures with you.


Check out the date on this army ration!!! That was during World War II. Unopened--cool, huh?

I wonder why they stopped making Jello like this...check out the flavor on this baby. If your mouth isn't watering yet, check out the suggestions for cooking on the package:

Jenny's dad, mom and uncle have been here working hard cleaning out the infamous food storage room. That room is not only full of decomposing paper towels and fruit bottled in the 60s, but it is full of obedience. Jenny and I have only recently started our own food storage because of great examples like Grandpa and Grandma Sorensen who heeded the continued call of a prophet for decades. It is gross--but it is inspiring!

What I think is one of the greatest finds yet...

I went into the garage to find something and saw what I thought was a big dusty trunk, then I wiped it off a bit and found this...(turn off the music on my blog, because the music in this clip is original!)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh man! Can I come over for some Mixed Vegetable flavor Jello! LUCKY!
Is that when people started putting carrots in jello?

Christy and Brian said...

Dude that was awesome! I can't beleive that they still have all that stuff there.

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

Wow, David you are the best person to appreciate all these treasures! I hope you are not too foolish when you throw away some of these antiques. You never know how much it will go for on ebay!

shannon said...

i totally want that record player!!! what a great antique. and you can throw in the veggie jello too for good luck!