Thursday, September 06, 2007

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

(I thought Jenny's preview blog was perfect for our trip had she just done a little more. Do you sense the pressure I am under to hold the heavy responsibility of blogging everything?) So everyone knows what DisneyLand is like, but we had a really fun trip! We missed everyone who couldn't come (And think you should come next time :). We need to put out a big MAHALO shoutout to Suz and Jeff for putting together such a fun trip and having us come along. We made some fun memories. So...a few of those-
Jenny and I and the boys getting on the wrong shuttle bus to DisneyLand (free ride!)
A heat wave keeping the parks low enough that the lines weren't very long Visiting the Newport Temple Driving for an hour to find a place to park at the beach just so we could show the boys the ocean (it was a beautiful thing--I love the ocean)
Going to a random ward in Cali and finding Dave Larson (who says hi) and Lucero Sumner (who says hi too)

In-and-Out Burger (for my first time ever)

Jeff spotting Stitch and us running and pushing through crowds to catch him

The 3 hour line at Nemo (we didn't ride it--the good part is I pumped Jackson up for it big time, and then when we couldn't ride it I was bummed, until we rode the Jungle Cruise ride and when the pirhanas jumped out of the water, Jackson said, "Dad! Dad! I saw Nemo and Dori!" Problem solved.)

Finding a plumeria tree ("a Jenny tree")


Jackson getting to ride the Matterhorn with me

Jackson getting to see Mater and "Light Queen" and Nana (Simba)
How Chunky just walked up to the characters he saw with no hesitation. He LOVED them!

Soaking ourselves in the Bugs Life sprinklers


Everyone falling asleep before Suz, Jenny, and Chris got back with the desserts

The hippie earthy drummer dude in Downtown Disney

Jenny overcoming her fear of Thundermountain and all her theories about how roller coasters were built before people were so obese so they can't handle the current weight

Suz overcoming her fear of Tower of Terror


Taking funny pictures on the rides


Our Dream Fast Passes (This year is the Year of a Million Dreams and our group won one of the sweepstakes and got Dream Fast Passes for our last day there).
Beating Ryan just once on the Buzz Lightyear ride (what he doesn't know is I am not left handed) (Jack wasn't as good at this one as me)

Getting lost at LAX on the way home and finding ourselves in some underground war bunker that was a mile long.
(It seriously had signs that said--"beware of iron clad security doors"..."If you hear a siren get out immediately, it means carbon monoxide is in the chamber"..."stay close to family members as you walk through this hallway" --these are not jokes.)
Just hanging out, talking story and making great memories!

We really had a GREAT time! Who couldn't at DisneyLand right? It was fun and really cool we could take the boys there with us. They were both good sports and had a lot of fun! I want to go back.

10 comments:

Chris Bunker said...

That seems like it was so long ago and it has only been a few days. I guess we had to come back to reality sometime, but it is much more fun in FantasyLand! David you did a great job summing up the trip. You must work well under pressure. I had it laugh out loud at the airport picture. I still think that was so crazy. I definitely have to add my thanks to Jeff and Suz for such a fun trip. It was great to spend time with everyone and in such a fun place!!!!

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

Great pictures! I knew I had to get mine posted when I saw yours.

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

I don't know if you guys remember me at all but I'm Brynne Andrus, one of Jessie's EXS classmates. I met you guys a couple times in Hawaii and totally recognized you from Jessie's blog. Just wanted to drop a line and thank you for keeping the aloha alive on your blog. It's nice to read something here in Oregon and feel like I'm still in Hawaii. YOu have an incredibly beautiful family and David, I like the way you write! I find myself laughing at lots of it. Simply put but hilarious! Keep up the great work you two!

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Oh and I'm jealous you have been successful in making running races a family event! It's my dream to motivate ANYONE in my family enough to run with me! WAY TO GO!!!

Christy and Brian said...

That looks like so much fun! I am sad that we missed it. NEXT TIME!!

josh and jacqs said...

That looks like it was so much fun, I'm sad we couldn't go this year-- a big thanks to suz and jeff, these pictures themselves only show the little things they do for us.

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

I loved all the pictures! wow so many great memories!

shannon said...

your trip seriously sounded so fun! we totally want to take collin to disneyland sometime soon! how tall do the kids have to be to rides the rides???

david said...

They can ride all of the kid rides. Then some rides are 36" and then most of the fun ones like indiana jones an d space mountain and tower of terror and those type ride you have to be 40 something or 50 something inches. But all the Dumbo, and Peter Pan, and Mr. Toad, Winne the Pooh stuff they can ride, and our boys loved them!

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

wow. What a fun trip. I'm jealous. Can we come next time. :)