Sunday, December 30, 2007

embracing winter...

Ok. We live in Utah. It snows in Utah. We like Utah. Therefore we like snow? It sounded convincing in my head. Jenny and I have decided this winter, we are going to embrace the snow. So as part of our new years resolutions, we are including a challenge to embrace winter with at least 20 activities before spring. This does not mean I like snow, but we have decided if we are going to live here, we better love every season.
Activity No. 1
snowshoeing.


We rented snow shoes from BYU Outdoors place and took a hike up Rock Canyon with the boys. We loved it! I am kind of surprised, but I would definately do it again (note- the activities do not need to be 20 different activities, so going snow shoeing again would count as no. 2, or no. 11, whenever it happens).


after renting them we knew jackson would not go for walking next to us, and I did not want to carry him, so after calling all our friends to see if we could borrow their backpacks, I got on KSL and this gal was selling her Kelty for a killer deal!

19 more to go...

8 comments:

Shannon & Summer said...

That is seriously awesome - or crazy! I can't believe you did that with your kids! What an awesome time and memory!

Christy and Brian said...

That actually looks really fun! Next time call us, I want to try that! We will have to go sleeding up AF canyon too! That would count wouldn't it?

Bertie said...

How fun!!!! And, what a fun adventure your kids will always remember:)

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

That sounds like a great idea....in you head!! Really, I'm sure it's not as cold as it looks and most of all I'm sure you got some good exercise carrying the boys in the snow.

david said...

yeah, we got great exercise, it was actually harder than we thought it would be. But worth it...it was a blast!

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

Looks fun. We have enjoyed the warmer weather, but ready or not we have to come back to the cold and snow.

Julie said...

Hello! Do you ever not find any great deals when you are looking for something! I want to come snow shoeing with you guys next time! We really really need to start playing again! We are friends right?

david said...

definately...to all three questions. Well, I don't know if I always find what I want, but we definately want you guys to come with us next time and we are definately friends.