Tuesday, January 01, 2008

look who's back

shocker...I know. Blogs are back. No, it is not one of my new year's resolutions to blog (that seems weird), but I think it should be a new year's resolution to keep a journal or record of my life...and if this counts, then here we go. Although sometimes I go back and forth on what I will say in this here blog because I know a lot of people will read it. Maybe it doesn't count for a personal record or journal because it is no everything I should be writing down.

Long intro. Short post. (maybe).

Ha'oli Makahiki Hou!

We rang in the new year watching Dick at Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen's house. They watched the grandkids while we went to see National Treasure 2 (which I really liked). Grandma Jill made us all a breakfast when we got back, and we got out the party hats and kazoos and kissin' lips to count down together (Jack included!). We had a fun time.

christian (not our baby) and I with these rad hats Jill has


jodi and kamaile and heidi's legs (last diaper change of 2007)

jen was mega excited for the new year

It was a dual party, because we were also saying goodbye to Aaron, who is leaving tomorrow to do training for his new job as a border patrol agent (is it an agent Aaron? it sounded fancy, so I said it.) He will train for a couple of months without Jessie and the girls, and then they will join him in Nacho, Arizona (Well, he will work in Nacho and they will live in Sierra Vista--that sounds fancy too--although I wish they were living in Nacho, that would be much more fun to address on next year's Christmas card). I am mega sad about him leaving. I really get along well with Aaron and I am really sad tonight with him gone. I am excited for their family though, and jealous for their new adventures.


this is where aaron will work--


this is where aaron and jessie would live...if they lived in nacho. (Are you sure you don't want to reconsider. Aaron, you could be closer to work!



Aaron, we will miss you...

4 comments:

The Sorensens said...

That's some fabulous blogging you folks are doing. Glad to see you are back on track with the blogging resolutions. Our new year's resolutions is to leave comments on all the blogs we visit..

Christy and Brian said...

I am glad too! I felt a little depressed though December. Happy New Year!

Aaron and Jessie said...

That's right. I now go by Agent Kerr. Things have been going okay so far in training. Everything except I miss everyone back home so much.

shannon said...

love the name of that town...maybe caden could come and visit in his costume?