Tuesday, February 26, 2008

back again...

even I was annoyed going to our blog to get to other people's blogs. if I saw that dumb icicle picture one more time I was gonna kill myself. so, we did a revamp on the design (it is girly) and we are committed to blogging again. i lost my testimony of it for a while, and now it is back.

yes, i made it. it is not done yet, of course, but i wanted everyone to see my skills with a saw and sander. i am not totally useless i guess. i used two fancy saws and two fancy sanders to start making jenny's pinewood derby surfboard. we will post the final product too. (she is doing a pinewood derby for activity days this week.) is everyone overly impressed with me? if yo uaren't, you don't know me and i don't want you looking at our blog anymore you stalkers!:) ( i still have all my fingers, by the way--no nubs on the hands, just the feet.)


we made monkey bread for family home evening. I LOVE monkey bread. I think it is one of my favorite...baked goods? Whatever. I just LOVE it! Jenny has only made it one other time and I was sick, and didn't eat any of it, so she never made it again. We have made it twice in the last few days and eaten it all. Ye-ah!

I didn't get a picture of me skiing this week, but I will get something up so we can count it as a winter embracing activity (I kind of doubt we will reach our goal). But Buckbeack borrowed Jenny's snowboard for the weekend and Jack wanted to try it out before Loopy came to pick it up. Future boarder in the house...

6 comments:

josh and jacqs said...

I am so proud of you for blogging!!! I love the picture of Jack with the snowboard!! I will be excited to see what the final product looks like-- looks good so far!

Emma and John said...

Mmm...now I want to make some monkey bread too! Jenny, you should post your recipe. Yay for a new blog!

S-K-S said...

yummy. I want monkey bread!

shannon said...

yes, thanks for getting rid of that icicle photo since it should be 60 degrees this weekend! Yahoo! Veterans pool and Smart Cookie here we come!

Christy and Brian said...

Yummy Jenny! I love Monkey Bread! I agree with Emma, I want the recipe so that I can make some. The boys are so cute, I just want to chicken them!

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

I can't say anything about blogging but I'm so glad to see some new pics of the boys!! Nancy Weaver has the best Monkey Bread recipe. I'll try to get it and post it. I love your surfer pinewood car. How did your race go? I'm sure you won the most creative!