Friday, February 29, 2008


Ok...so I have about 5 different recipes for Monkey bread. I never know which one to use, but I'll post the one I tried on Monday because it turned out so good and soooo gooey - LOVED IT!!! Some of the recipes call for frozen rolls and butterscotch pudding - sounds good, but I've never tried it that way. If anyone has a favorite way to make it, let me know....

Here it is:

4 cans refrigerated biscuits
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbsp. cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan

2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic bag or bowl with a lid. Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and add to the mixture. Shake until all the pieces are well coated.

3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of greased pan. Continue layering until all the pieces are in the pan.

4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over layered biscuits.

5. Bake for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Pull apart and enjoy.


*I halved the recipe. I only used 1 can of the "grand" biscuits. I used a loaf pan instead of the tube pan and I only cooked it for 25 minutes.

5 comments:

Holly said...

This stuff is so good but so evil.

I have this recipe too and I think it's the best!

Emma and John said...

Thanks for posting that jenny! I'll have to try it this week.

Becca said...

I'm excited to try this!! It looks soooo yummy!!! Thanks!! We love you guys and think your amazing!!

Jeni said...

I am ticked for not having those ingredients right now, I really want to eat that!! yum!

Shannon & Summer said...

sounds good. I make the one with the rhodes rolls and butterscotch pudding. They are heavenly.
Maybe we need to do another potluck!