Thursday, March 13, 2008

alone

I know it sounds like a lonely and sad title for a blog, but it is true. Keep reading though, there is a lot of happiness coming...
I'll start with the alone part. Ready? I am alone. Jenny and the boys are in Texas still with some of my family, swimming, eating, swimming, eating. What a life.
I was bored enough today to garden. I kind of liked it. I usually listen to my Ipod, but a few
times I turned it off because I wanted to hear "outside." I feel like everyone is cooped up all
winter long and it was refreshing to be outside.
Texas outside was much more pleasant. And the food was nothing short of divine! We ate at
my favorite places. I have a happy belly and heart.
We all surprised my Mom for her 50th birthday this last weekend. Some came back for work and school and others stayed for more rays. The weather was nice, the hanging out was brilliant and did I mention the food.
I love my mom and dad. Happy 50th again to Mom. I hope you make it to 100. (If you do, you should run a marathon. I saw this guy from the UK who is 103 running a marathon in the coming months. amazing. You could do it!)
Thanks for spoiling us down there.
I mentioned gardening, but let me toot my horn. I pulled out all of the oregon grape spikey bushes from out in front of the house. I don't know what hit me. I have thought they were
hideous for years. Now they are gone and Jenny has ordered a potentially beautiful flower garden for out front. It is a shade garden. I am excited.
Speaking of flowers, the crocuts (I am not sure how to pronounce or spell the name of the flower) have arrived. They are small and purple and my neighboor tells me they are the first flower of spring. Yahoo!
Ok, no pictures, so I better sign off. Before I go... Ten things I loved about my trip to Texas:

1. Texas-- I just love being there
2. Taste of Texas- New York Strip, Medium, garlic saute...wow
3. Pappasitos
4. Shipleys Donuts and Kolaches-- I am dreaming about them tonight.
5. Whole Foods Market (maybe this desrves a post of its own, soon)
6. Surprising Mom for her birthday (and making fun tombstones for the lawn)
7. Watching Mom play tennis
8. Swimming with Jack and Chunky
9. Rodeo--Rascal Flatts concert-- awesome as it sounds!
10. Blue Bell fudge bars-- it was the last thing I ate. I hesitated brushing my teeth...

Y'all come back now, ya hear?!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Dude, I love Blue Bell ice cream and Papassitos! You lucky devil, someone has to work so Jenny might as well be soaking up some rays! She deserves it! So I watched 4 episodes of Lost last night....Sign of a true addict!

Angie said...

Ah, Texas. Beautiful Texas. Good food. Incredible people.

Christy and Brian said...

Let's go back!

annie said...

shipley's...delicious. i have yet to find the equivalent in nyc. i wonder if they'll overnight it for a nominal fee

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

How fun. Makes me want to move to Texas... :)