Friday, April 18, 2008

nice break...

Spring Break. I wonder whether I like it more now as a teacher, or when I was in school as a student. I do love it now...and sometimes I think it is cool that the breaks I got excited about growing up, I am still excited about them! I am sad this is a Friday post, cause that means the break is over :(... But we had a ball!


We left Sunday for beautiful, sunny St. George. The contrast was astounding when we drove through snow-covered Nephi on our way back with sun tanned faces. We rented a condo with the Boyles and Gosses and we LOVED it. Hiking, Swimming, Eating, Laughing, Tennis-- we had a ball! I even took a trip to Costco while I was there. The samples were to die for. (I even bought a jug of Naked Juice, which is one of my new loves)

There are no sunny pictures, just ones from our FHE trip to the St. George Temple. It is a gorgeous temple. This picture captures Christian perfectly...always about to run off somewhere. he would climb to the top of the stairs and grunt till I took his picture, then climb top the bottom for another one, then to the top...
cute.
after St. George we came back for a few days in Salt Lake, including a long awaited trip to the zoo. The boys LOVE animals (they got it from Jenny) and I was so excited to see their reactions to the animals. They had a great time and so did we. (personal opinion: that whole "Ghost of the Bayou" thing they had been advertising for so long...overrated.)
that giraffe stood there for like an hour without moving. I'm not so sure about the giraffe cages. They have these signs that tell you there kick could kill a lion and they have like a 2 foot fence and a two foot pile of rocks separating them from you. I think the giraffe was planning an escape. Or he wanted to eat me. I could sense it.
Jack wanted to ride "Thomas" the zoo train. So we didn't! Just to show him who was boss of the family!
You might not ever want to drink out of that lion drinking fountain.


After the zoo we went up to Park City to walk around at the outlets and then stayed in a condo up there. The boys called it Neverland.
We ate at this place on Main Street (which I have never been to before--Main Street that is-- and I think it is one of my new favorite places. I want to eat at every restaraunt on the whole street) called "Main Street Pizza and Noodle". Kid Friendliness- 5 stars. Service- 5 stars Food taste--5 stars. Definately reccomend it to anyone! We ended the week at Temple Square. (I promise the boys were happy there. This is the only picture I took)
I think I will be kind of glad to go back to...who am I kidding--I can't wait until summer!

10 comments:

Christy and Brian said...

Those are some really cute pictures! Jenny doesn't even look prego in the one in front of the St. George temple! 6 weeks :). Looks like you had tons of fun and I'm really glad there was a new post!

Bertie said...

Awww! What a fun spring break! Everyone looks great:)

Shannon & Summer said...

I almost didn't recognize Jackson in his pj's without his buzz costume on!!

Becca said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a ton of fun!! I love spring break too and I'm sad that it's coming to an end. We should hang out soon!

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

I'm glad that you had such a fun spring break. Let the count down begin to summer. :)

Spencer, Erin, Parker and Ben said...

Sounds fun you guys!

shannon said...

hilarious, and so fun! and i'm with christy, jenny doens't look even a day prego! can't wait to see the little new butler!

FOREVER 8 AND MORE... said...

All the pictures are so cute!!!

Julie said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! I'm glad that you got to do something fun. Now I want to go to Park City to that restaurant.

Angie said...

awesome that you get to have school breaks. i miss the anticipation of those, and then of course that everyone gets off at the same time. looks like you had a great time.