Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Last of the 24th...well not forever

We went to Suz's house for snowcones and fireworks at the end of the day. We all love it there! We have so much fun every week and every time we go over! Isn't Christian cute?! Don't you wish you were eating a snowcone? (P.S. Best place to get a snowcone on earth--Matsumotos, Haleiwa, Oahu. Or just go down the road to Aoki's. Just as good, maybe betta, no line...and their web site has hapa haole music to dance to)

the kids played with sparklers...


and the neighbors put on a SPECTACULAR fireworks show...really...I was so impressed. It was big like stadium of fire big. loved it. Love the fourth of July and the copy cat celebrations of the 24th. (This was not a dogging on the 24th as a holiday. I love it and I love the pioneers, it just feels like another 4th of July cause it is in the same month and you might as well celebrate it the same way with fireworks and parades and watermelon. If there were another day in October worth celebrating we would probably dress up and ask people for free candy and hope there were no needles inside them like we do on the 31st. It is just what you do in October. I guess there is a day--Columbus day, right? We could be more creative with that one. I hear the rumblings of rebuilding the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria and floating them in Utah Lake during a microburst. But we would probably still dress up--like Columbus and his crew, and when we got to shore, we'd probably ask people for free candy--like Columbus did to the Indians--I think that is an acurate historical fact...I read it on Wikipedia.) :)

3 comments:

Suz (and sometimes Jeff) said...

That was a fun night

Holly said...

mmmm...matsumoto's might help me overcome my fear of sharks (no thanks to shark week) to go back to hawaii.

Aaron and Jessie said...

Oh reading your post totally made me miss you guys. I just love your random thoughts and you know exactly the 2 I'm thinking of Mr. Peg Perego married to a car president. I love you guys and I love Matsumots's!